Monday, September 27, 2010

Journey: Josefina Baez

1
Here.
On the way from the airport
Witnessed by the Knights of Infinite souls
A physical prayer…
Two young skinny men walking
with their back to us
forearms neatly creating  squares.
Perfect.
Just perfect.
A quotidian jewel welcoming
to this Sacred Geometry
where coordinates write Bangalore.

2
Surprising no jet lag symptoms now.

3
Are mosquitos thinking that I am a tourist?
Ah?

4
You will not believe the eyes
of these kids.
These eyes smile.
I melt.

5
Cuco Valoy is playing
this early morning
right here at the hostel.
Bangalore en mambo.
Yes yes yes,
my physical training today is
heavily  Merengue and Son.
Knees bent.
Knees around.
Up and down.
Side side side.

6
Chai.
Count me in anytime.

7
In front of the football field
Elementary students shout:
¨The lady that moves the shoulders…the lady that moves the shoulders…
One in the group asks:
Hi, how are you?
Do you know Justin Biever?
Do you know famous people?
I answered:
¨Yes. You¨.
The girl at that moment changed her way of moving…
In front of my eyes she became that red carpet photo that we have seen.
¨Did you eat?¨ Asked a boy in the group.
¨I am going now. I am going to lunch now¨
Ooh I thought you could play with us.
I accepted the invitation.
I changed the Dhal for running and laughing
with my new found friends.

8
When do we know we are learning?
How do we know we are really teaching?
We learn…we are transformed.
We are teaching when we are learning.
Go figure.

9
Jet lag kicking hard.
Jet lag hand in hand with a splitting headache.
Need more water.

10
Canadian International Students
Exploring Performance Autology physical training.
Today we started to include our music sound track
(John Coltrane-El Jeffrey-Luis Dias-Caetano Veloso…)
Vocalise-too young to go steady-Say it over and over again-Survivor-La Noche-Suite Folcklorica-How beautiful could a being be…
In our tradition…ay Ombe.
This tradition created today…
The self rejoices.
Masks-Chair exercises-balance-our faithful Neruda´s Book of Questions…
So we continue…
Dressing up creating discipline with joy.
Yeah. Joy.

11
Full moon in Bangalore.
Fasting.
At home.
Really at home.
Even with mosquito net.
Loooove it.
Home indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment